For use in acute and chronic liver disorders.
Damage to liver cells from various noxae can manifest itself as acute or chronic hepatitis, fatty liver and liver cirrhosis among others. This intoxication of the liver can be caused by viral infection, alcohol abuse, drug abuse and certain toxic metabolic disorders.
The effect is a reduction in enzyme activity, reduced detoxification ability and poor hepatic metabolism resulting in liver fibrosis, hepatic cell death and fatty degeneration.
CellFORTIS® when taken is incorporated into liver cell membranes with the following result:
- Restructures damaged membranes
- Increases membrane fluidity
- Improves cell metabolism
- Stimulates hepatic cellular regeneration
- Reactivates membrane enzymes.
- The result of this action is an overall improvement in liver function.
Every year thousands of patients are prescribed CellFORTIS® by doctors to treat liver disorders. Numerous clinical studies have confirmed the therapeutic possibilities of CellFORTIS®. Loss or damage to phospholipids is seen irrespective of the cause of liver disorders. Oral intake of CellFORTIS® has been shown to increase the uptake of PPC into liver cell membranes with a corresponding increase in membrane regeneration.
CellFORTIS® is the superior natural preventative against liver damage. Individuals who have a higher alcohol intake than is recommended should consider CellFORTIS® daily to help mitigate the side effects of this behaviour.
CellFORTIS® interferes at various sites in the pathological processes of atherosclerosis by virtue of its PPC content. PPC has been proven to both improve the fluid characteristics of blood and to reverse existing atherosclerotic changes of the vascular wall.
- CellFORTIS® is incorporated into the membrane increasing the flexibility and fluidity of the erythrocytes and reducing the tendencies of the blood cells to aggregate. This can help improve microcirculation to the periphery and can reverse elevated blood viscosity.
- CellFORTIS® can convert atherogenic cholesterol into a form that can be transported to the liver where it can be metabolised. By this process Cellfortis® can help normalise the levels of ‘bad’ cholesterol in the body.
- CellFORTIS® helps activate the enzyme lecithin cholesterol-acyl-transferase ( LCAT ). This results in the conversion of more free cholesterol into a cholesterol ester. The high level of linoleic acid contained in CellFORTIS® induces the formation of cholesterol linoleate which is easier to mobilise and therefore less atherogenic.
This cholesterol linoleate is transported to the liver by HDL where it is metabolised and excreted as bile acids with the bile. This is the process by which CellFORTIS® can help transport cholesterol from the peripheral capillaries to the liver. CellFORTIS® can also mobilise and remove cholesterol from the arterial walls by the same process of LCAT activation.
CellFORTIS® is the premium supplement for the maintenance of good cardiovascular health.
Clinical trials showed that CellFORTIS® has positive effects on plasma lipids, plasma lipoproteins, and on blood vessels. It was also shown that the PPC in CellFORTIS® could interfere with certain diabetes-associated conditions. It was shown to improve the condition of blood glucose, glycosylated haemoglobin, ketone body excretion, and other diabetes specific parameters.
- Reduced risk of atherosclerosis.
- Reduces signs of liver damage
- Promotes good circulation to the periphery reducing the risk of gangrene.
- Influences reverse cholesterol transport to the liver.
- Improves the lipoprotein profile in patients.
- Positive effects on plasma lipids and plasma proteins.
CellFORTIS® AND BRAIN HEALTH:
CellFORTIS® protects against mild memory loss associated with ageing. CellFORTIS® increases acetylcholine levels in the brain and this has been shown to slow the deterioration or even reverse it in elderly people. Acetylcholine is a very important neurotransmitter in the brain.
PROTECTION AGAINST NSAID DAMAGE:
CellFORTIS® has been shown to protect from gastric erosion associated with the use of certain non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs ( NSAIDs). The PPC in CellFORTIS® has been shown to be incorporated into the gastric mucosal significantly reducing the ulceration while under treatment by NSAIDs.