Yukon Pure® is a Wild Sockeye Salmon Oil which comes from the heads of freshly harvested Alaskan salmon.
- Maintenance of normal brain function. *
- Maintenance of normal vision. *
- Normal functioning of the heart. **
- ALA contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) maternal intake contributes to the normal brain development of the foetus and breastfed infants.
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) maternal intake contributes to the normal development of the eye of the foetus and breastfed infants.
- DHA and EPA contribute to the maintenance of normal blood pressure
- DHA and EPA contribute to the maintenance of normal blood triglyceride levels
*The beneficial effects as listed above are obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA.
** The beneficial effects as listed above is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of EPA and DHA
Yukon Pure® has a distinctive orange colour. Its brilliant orange color comes from astaxanthin: the carotenoid-class antioxidant that wild salmon acquire by eating krill and other zooplankton. Yukon Pure® Sockeye supplements are 100 percent pure sockeye oil, free of additives or fillers of any kind.
Many fish oils are derived from whole, uneviscerated fish, or as a low-grade by-product of rendering plants. These commodity oils require excessive processing before they’re fit for human consumption. We purify our oil using molecular distillation, which removes mercury and man made chemical contaminants without affecting the structure or value of its omega-3 fatty acids.
Our freshly caught wild Alaskan sockeye salmon go right from the boat to a dedicated plant on the shores of Bristol Bay. The fish is cleaned and the oil is removed, deep-chilled, and stored in oxygen free, UV-resistant containers. It’s then transported to a licensed facility where it undergoes simple molecular distillation before being encapsulated in pharmaceutical grade fish based soft gels.
The Alaska Seafood logo signifies the Alaska Seafood industry’s commitment to these principles and it is your guarantee that this product comes from a careful, well managed and sustainable wild salmon fishery. Good for the planet!
Prof. Michael Crawford of the Mother and Child Foundation, Institute of Brain Chemistry and Human Nutrition, London, has with his team, carried out much research into the importance of Omega 3 nutrition in pregnant and lactating women. We suggest a visit to their website to read the literature.
Research into foetal health and Omega 3 fatty acids has shown that 2 are very important for the developing foetus, DHA and Arachadonic Acid. (AA)
- DHA in Yukon Pure® supports the maintenance of normal brain function & the maintenance of normal development of the eye of the foetus.
- Arachadonic Acid is quite often absent in highly processed oils as the high temperatures involved destroy it. Yukon Pure® is an excellent source of this vital oil.
Each 3-capsule (3,000 mg) serving provides these naturally occurring nutrients:†
Omega-3s: About 600 mg of total omega-3 fatty acids, including approximately 240 mg of omega-3 EPA and 220 mg of omega-3 DHA
Vitamin D: About 340 IU of vitamin D3
Vitamin A: About 2,060 IU of pre-formed vitamin A
Astaxanthin: About 0.36 mcg††
†Nutrient levels may change slightly from year to year, in accordance with natural seasonal and geographic variations.
††Wild salmon are the only fish that provide naturally occurring astaxanthin: obtained from the krill and zooplankton they eat. Among wild salmon species, sockeye contain the highest levels of astaxanthin and vitamin D3. The astaxanthin natural to our Sockeye Salmon Oil protects it from oxidation more effectively than the weaker tocopherol antioxidants added to standard fish oils.
DOSAGE: Take 3 softgels daily, preferably with meals or as recommended by a health professional. Not a substitute for a balanced diet. Keep out of reach of children.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.